Wednesday, 28 November 2007

My updated Website URL

http://shaunwood.bravehost.com/
I moved to this server as they are much faster and the ads are configured to run horizontal. For a few hours I struggled with the second layer of ads displaying after my headings! I eventually figured out that the ad code attaches itself to "body" &and "bg color" tags. So a bit of rearrangement and bingo! This really showed how having a a good basic understanding of HTML makes all the difference when you get stuck. Another trick is, if your web page is not displaying in the browser as you intended, click View on the browser, then Page Source. That will show you the HTML of the page and you can troubleshoot from there.
It has been so much fun figuring this all out!