Tuesday 21 May 2013

MOOC Certificate in Gamification

This year I took part in my first MOOC through the University of Pennsylvania; Gamification.  

I have always been fascinated with using games for learning, and am convinced they are brilliant pedagogical tools.  Through a great VLN I learnt that games play many roles in education, including gamifaction which is the application of game elements and game design to non-game problems.  In this course I learnt to appreciate the incredible potential of gamification.  I learnt to use game mechanisms strategically and apply the elements effectively.  As all teachers know, just sticking a badge on it does not provide intrinsic motivation for students to learn, but gamification applied thoughtfully and appropriately to the context can be a powerful and engaging motivator.

I passed Gamification with 84.2%, and will be gamifying the future of learning!

No comments: