Sunday 29 January 2012

5 Things I Want My Teacher to Know About Me



If I was a student... Claire has passed on Allanah's challenge to reflect on five things I would want my teacher should know about me.


Just this week I was planning activities for my students to get to know each other and me. My co-teachers and I were planning something along the lines of a personal mihi as a starting point. However in taking part in this meme it seems the way I learn is just as important to me and is a question I obviously need to ask my students as well.


5 Things I want my teacher to know about me:
1. To know to real me, not just the mask I show the world but the emotional me below the surface.
2. To know about the things that I care about and show they they care too.
3. To understand my learning styles and provide opportunities to engage me.
4. To know my passions and help me explore them.
5. To challenge my thinking but give me the space and freedom to discover my own answers.

In keeping with the meme I invite: @sharpjacqui, @Moodlegirl, @Komos72, @siavogel, @judykmck
to join the meme and reflect on your five things. (Please link back to Allanah's blog)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shaun
    In reply to your invitation:

    5 things I want my teacher to know about me:
    1. I want choices and the freedom to explore them
    2. I want to feel it's ok to make mistakes, and ....
    3. I want the time and space to try again
    4. I want to be excited about learning
    5. I want others in the school to know my name

    To continue in the spirit of this meme I invite @jasminedwyer @lindayollis @kellyjordan82 @qldteacher and @JenBearden to continue the meme, either by commenting here, or on their own blog or on Allanah's post.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply Shaun
    worthwhile challenge to do with our students because it will make them think about how they learn

    5 things I would want my teacher to know about me

    I like art, I am visual... if you talk at me you will see me doodling in my books
    I can listen to you and do other things at the same time
    I don't like to sit for long periods of time, I need to move and I do fidget
    If you are telling me something I already know then I will get bored and will look for something else to do
    I like open challenges, pose a problem and let me choose how to solve it

    ReplyDelete
  3. My co-teachers and I were planning something along the lines of a personal mihi as a starting point.

    ReplyDelete