Monday 10 November 2008

Chrome needs some polishing


Google Chrome Logo
Originally uploaded by Randy Zhang
After reading a shining article by Ian Watson in NetGuide (Nov08) about Google's new browser Chrome, I decided it was time to take it for a test drive. I am not going to go into all it's features as they are well documented and generally live up to expectations. It is fast, it is vast, it is sleek and I really really like it.

There is just one reason I am going back to Firefox for now, it does not have the Google Toolbar. The Google browser does not have, nor can it load the Google Toolbar! If you do not use Google Bookmarks then I say go ahead and try Chrome, it really makes your screen feel bigger. I think Google Bookmark are the best, so I will wait, anxiously in anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora.

    I must have been one of the first in new Zealand to download and try out Chrome. In fact, I think I got it going even before Stephen Downes, for he was still complaining that he hadn't been able to download it when I'd already passed it up.

    I found exactly as you explained. It seemed uncluttered and made the screen seem bigger. That's all for me though. I'm back with Firefox.

    Ka kite

    ReplyDelete