Saturday 31 January 2009

What learning type are you?

I have an interest in different learning styles because I have never fitted into the norm myself. I am really keen to find some resources to help my students understand their own learning styles. I am planning to seek out information on Multiple Intelligences but am open to any suggestions.

Mensha Kids just posted a great resource blog on a site that analyzes your writing style of your blog. It is called Typealyzer and this is what it said about me.

I am a Mechanic: The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

Go find out what type you are.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Shaun

    Interesting, isn't it, how the Typealiser works. The creator of this device, Mattias Östmar, popped a comment on a post I did in November. There is a video of him at the foot of a follow-up post, explaining a few things about his ideas and the future he has in mind.

    Catchya later
    from Middle-earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ken, I love you style of digging to the guts of an issue, the scientist past explains that though. I found it interesting that he mentions our different social 'personalities' we often have online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shaun

    I too am interested in learning styles. Last year I used the following "Multiple Intelligence" survey in my class to help my Yr 6 students work out their "smarts". Check it out I thought it worked real well showing the results as a radar graph. What I liked about it was that the kids could see how they rated against ALL intelligences showing them what was their strengths and what is their weaknesses. Heres the link: http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks3/ict/multiple_int/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jamin, that is exactly what I was looking for. I will be getting my class to do this because I believe if they have a better understanding about their own MI's they will have a more focussed attitude to learning.

    ReplyDelete